Hair Diaries

5:56 PM

Hi Everyone! This past weekend I (finally) got my hair done. (If you couldn't see my three-inch long roots then you should get your eyes checked).


I was long overdue, but since I had a bit of a mishap in the fall of 2015 I was trying to let my hair recover before dying it again. It's actually a funny story...

My natural hair color is a mousey-bronde-ish-blah. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. See below.


Throughout my teenage years I had box-dyed my hair. Finally, at the age of 22 I had grown out all of the dye. So, of course, a couple years later I'm bored with my natural color and decided to box dye it a red/auburn. See below (please disregard my crazy eyes).


I actually think this was my favorite color,  but it was hard to maintain (the red would fade very quickly). Okay, so I know what you're thinking, how is this funny? Well, so far it isn't so hold your horses.

After the red, I dyed my hair dark brown. Kind of similar to what it is now. But then I got sick of dying it because I'm lazy. I was never very careful with the instructions so my hair got darker and darker and my roots stayed lighter. Off I went to some cheap-o hair place and asked them to take out the box color and get me back to my mousey blah-ish color. And this is where it gets good - they turned me into Miley Cyrus's twin. 

 

Miley is way better at pulling off this hair color than I am...clearly.  After spending about four days hiding out in my room crying I realized that I needed to go back to work so I left the safety of my home and made my way out into the cold, cruel world to get my hair fixed (thank you Beyond Beauty of Cape Cod - I would most likely still be in hiding if it weren't for your amazing staff!). Within the span of a week my hair had been bleached (to death) and then re-dyed. I was never much of a product girl - my hair is so thin and fine most of the time I just ended up looking like a crack-head without a shower when I tried them, but since my locks were in desperate need of some help I did some research.


From this experience I have learned two very important lessons:
1. Thou shall never straighten thy hair without sprayth thy heat protecth spray.
2. Thou shall never dyeth thy own hair with thee box of colorth if thy suckth at it.

Please make me feel better by sharing your hair disaster stories!

kristen



You Might Also Like

0 comments