Nice Buns

5:05 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Hi everyone! Ever since I discovered that I could finally pull my hair into a topknot again I'm in heaven! There is nothing better than being able to look  cute while having your hair out of your face. Here are a couple of my fav recent updos:

Half Top-Knot
I first noticed this style becoming popular around my bohemian-styled friends early summer 2015. I liked it, but could I pull it off? I was unsure until I saw Lucy Hale wear the up-do (see her Instagram pic here), and she looked fabulous (per usual - I have a wicked girl crush). This was my attempt at the do.


I have thin, fine, relatively short hair, so buns can be challenging sometimes. In order to get this bun I did it with second day hair and a lot of teasing. If you are still having issues getting volume try these tips from Cosmo - they have advice for all hair types trying this style. I still need to work on perfecting this look -please share any tips/tricks that work for you.

Ballerina Bun
Although some people say the sock bun is going out of style I will always love its simplicity and the class that it brings to an outfit. And, like the bun above, it works great with second day hair.



To get this look I put my hair in a pony tail at the top of my head and pull the hair through a donut (I bought mine at the local dollar store). I then work my way around the donut tucking my hair under and into it until the whole thing is covered. It takes all of 5 minutes. To secure my bun in place I used a couple of bobby pins.

In case you weren't aware when I say second day hair I basically mean I used dry shampoo. When your hair is as fine and thin as my dry shampoo is a god send: it adds both volume and texture. My favorite dry shampoos are the Suave Keratin Dry Shampoo and the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo.

Do you agree the sock bun is dead, or are you still rocking the do too?

kristen

You Might Also Like

0 comments