Let's Play Catch Up

6:00 PM

Right before New Years, tragedy struck when my MacBook, that I've had since graduating high school in 2009, died. This laptop had been through a lot with me over the past five and a half years - there was dorm life where I dropped it numerous times and spilled at least a million different drinks on it, there was the constant travel (Long Island, Austin, Northern Mass, the Cape), and most importantly there was all the school work I did to get my degree in Finance and Accounting. Thank you MacBook for all the good memories.

As is expected I mourned my loss for a few days, but finally I was able to rationalize looking into purchasing a new laptop. Sorry for going MIA, but now that I have Lenny (Lenovo Flex 3) I will be able to keep up regularly with my posts.

Since my last post I have been up to a lot. To start, I looked super cute as I celebrated the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 with friends. I changed my Instagram from private to public so that I can share all the pictures of myself, cats, and my meals (no, I do not really cook, but that doesn't stop me from eating) with the millions of adoring fans I have. I also began working out, or at least attempting to, mostly due to a  trip to Florida I have planned in a couple weeks - I hope you're as excited as I am to see some spring/summer outfit ideas! Out of all the workouts I pinned the one I have been using is Popsugar's Just Press Play plan for January. The videos start out simple and get progressively harder as the month goes on making it perfect for all of us that may have been a little lazy lately (lately for me being the past year or so...). Lastly, I have been experimenting with lip color with high hopes that once I master the red lip look that Taylor Swift will invite me to join her squad.

New Years Eve
Since my Mac died just a few hours before I started getting ready for New Years Eve festivities I was not able to share my adorable outfit with you guys! I ended up wearing a black velvet dress with a beaded collar that I had bought in-store at TJ Maxx back in September for only $20. I love the fit of the dress: it is snug on top accentuating all the right features, and it flares out right over the belly hiding all the curves that you don't want showing, not to mention it is the perfect length. A similar look can be accomplished with a plain black velvet dress and a statement necklace. With the dress I wore black heels, glossy lips, a sequin clutch, and used a can of Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs for a smooth look on my legs (it hides pores, veins, and some bruises - if you're like me and look as if you fell down a flight of stairs everyday of your life because you bruise so easily then you will love this product!). I had planned on wearing fake lashes, but after a glass of wine I decided it was best to abandon the falsies and just coat on the mascara.






For my make up I used the Naked 2 palette, which I am obsessed with! I definitely recommend buying it or another one of Urban Decay's palettes. I use it not only for dressier nights like NYE, but also for my day-to-day eye make up. The same goes for the mascara I use, Better than Sex by Too Faced, it adds volume on to lashes without clumping.

Instagram
Like I mentioned earlier,  I have made my Instagram account public. Here are a couple of my fav recent insta-moments:



I have always been one to cut off basically all of my hair then let it grow out wicked long only to chop it off again. Its an instance of everything being greener on the other side: when my hair is short I miss the long elegant hair styles I can no longer pull off, and when my hair is long I miss the short edgy style that I think better fits my personality. This spring I cut about 12 inches of hair off which resulted in a cute lob. A month later I decided to go even shorter. I think the thing I miss the most when I have short hair is the ability to throw it up into a bun. I love topknots because they are simple to do (which is awesome if you're super lazy in the mornings like I am) and they are also stylish. Last week I was finally able to get my hair into a top knot after months and months - I was ecstatic! BTW my eyes are done with the Naked 2 palate, usually I don't use so much eyeshadow, but since this was an exciting day I decided to go all out.


This picture is courtesy of my boyfriend - I am stalking people on Instagram, while Tuukka is stalking leaves blowing in the wind outside (he once broke through a screen to catch a pesky leaf that had been taunting him). I am wearing a shirt I bought at Macy's, ripped jeans from TJ Maxx (similar), and brown slouchy boots (old - similar).


Red lip game is strong AF in this picture (watch out T Swift! Just kidding. I love you. Be my friend!). I am trying to get better with wearing and using lip products - I typically prefer to just use Burt's Bees chap stick, but sometime the extra color can transform an outfit from cute to fashionista. This day I wore a plain white 3/4 sleeve tee, the same ripped jeans from above, black heeled suede mid-calf boots from Target (old - similar), a black moto jacket from TJ Maxx (similar), and a cream and black floral printed scarf  (similar) - but my fav part of the outfit was my pinned back hair and red hot lips (I used NARS Lip Pencil in Cruella). As soon as I get better with lipstick I will post about what colors I prefer and how to apply without making a mess. If you saw the intense daily struggle that a day of red lips caused me you would agree that I am not prepared to give advice on lip color and/or techniques quite yet.

Please check out my other Instagram pictures by clicking on the link on the left hand side of my blog page.

-kristen

You Might Also Like

0 comments