Holidaze

6:08 PM

It's the holiday season, which means everyone is rushing around in an over-caffeinated daze (Dunkin Donut's lattes are only $1.99 after noon?! Okay I'll stop and grab 15) trying to finish up their shopping. This past weekend I had a whole lot left to buy, cards and packages to mail, and friends and family to connect with. With my Saturday completely booked I needed an outfit to that could work for the over-crowded shopping plazas as well as the bar. Since it is still unseasonably warm for Massachusetts at this time of year (and I knew I'd sweat my butt off from running around and consuming alcohol) I did not need a jacket. I decided upon wearing faux leather leggings, a long white tank top, a cardigan, wedges which are comfortable enough to walk around in and also bar appropriate, and a festive scarf. (Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, I'm still reading up on tips and tricks - any suggestions are greatly appreciated!)



Pictured above: Cardigan: Target, Scarf: Charming Charlie (similar, similar), Shirt: American Eagle (similar), Faux Leather Leggings: Forever 21 - these are usually they are back in stock around the start of fall (similar), Wedge Booties: Target, Purse: Francesca's

Can we take a second to talk about this purse? I am obsessed. I stalked it online for about a month  and I told myself that I would purchase it on Cyber Monday (trust me this was a true test of patience!). About a week before I allowed myself to buy the purse of my dreams it had sold out online. I knew the stores carry some bags, but usually not more than one or two of each. I had convinced myself that fate had intervened - this purse was not the one for me. Then a miracle occurred! I had to run into the mall on an errand and I decided on whim to check the store, just in case. And there she was! On the top shelf placed right under the lighting so it almost looked as if the heavens had opened up and she had appeared just for me! As I asked the employee for help getting the purse down the woman next to me said "I have that purse! I love it!" Obviously this was meant to be. I don't tend to switch big purses very often, usually only three to four times a year. In these big purses I carry all my crap and mostly I only take them to work (I switch around outfit-coordinated clutches and small purses for going out). But like I said I am obsessed with this purse. I find myself carrying it around a lot more often than I normally would. Not only is it cute and goes with almost everything I wear - it is also practical. WIth two side pockets big enough to hold my planner (my current planner is a jumbo Lilly Pulitzer in the Red Right Return pattern) and a small laptop or a tablet it is very functional for day-to-day life.

As much as I loved my outfit - I think my cat may have looked even better in her festive plaid bow.



Everyone, meet Katniss, my adorable fur-daughter (her brother Tuukka is not into dressing up).

Stay tuned for a few of my last-minute present ideas that you can use for anyone you may have missed on your gift list.

-kristen

You Might Also Like

0 comments